HHSC removed the Misuse of EVV Reason Codes Requirements from the EVV Reason Code and EVV Compliance Reviews policies for dates of services on and after Sept. 1, 2020. This is effective Sept. 1, 2021.
Program providers, Financial Management Services Agencies and Consumer Directed Services employers are no longer required to document free text describing:
- The reason for using the same EVV Reason Code Number
- EVV Reason Code Description for the same member more than 14 days in a calendar month in the EVV system
HHSC and managed care organizations will not conduct EVV compliance reviews for misuse of reason codes. HHSC and MCOs will:
- Continue to conduct EVV-Required Free Text reviews For State-Required Personal Care Services who were required to use EVV in 2016 or earlier.
- Begin conducting EVV-Required Free Text reviews effective Jan. 1, 2022 for Cures Act Personal Care Services required to use EVV by Jan. 1, 2021.
When completing visit maintenance in the EVV system, program providers, FMSAs and CDS employers must continue to:
- Select the most appropriate:
- EVV Reason Code Number
- EVV Reason Code Description
- Enter any required free text
Email questions to firstname.lastname@example.org