The purpose of this notice is to inform MCOs that the EVV Alternative Device Policy is updated and available to view on the EVV webpage.
HHSC has posted the new and revised policies for alternative devices effective October 1, 2023, that will be added to the Electronic Visit Verification (EVV) Policy Handbook in an upcoming handbook revision. These new and revised policies are outlined in the Alternative Device Policies effective October 1, 2023 (PDF), located on the EVV webpage.
The policy includes:
- Limitations on the number of free alternative devices available from the state provided EVV system vendor.
- Ordering alternative devices from the state provided EVV system vendor.
- Purchasing additional alternative devices from the state provided EVV system vendor.
- Member qualifications for receiving an alternative device.
- Malfunctioning alternative devices.
- Returning alternative devices to the state provided EVV system vendor.
- Phase out of alternative devices.
This policy applies to program providers and FMSAs, who will use the new State EVV vendor, HHAeXchange.
Alternative Device Policies effective October 1, 2023 (PDF) (attached)
Next steps for Providers:
Providers should share this communication with their staff.
Community First Resources:
Email ProviderRelations@cfhp.com or call 210-358-6294.