Community First is committed to supporting Members impacted by the recent Texas winter storms. Learn what services and resources are available to help you and your family.
Call Member Services if you need to:
- Replace necessary medical equipment, services, or supplies.
- Get a new copy of your Member ID card (or login to your Member Portal)
- Speak with a registered nurse, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
STAR or CHIP 1-800-434-2347
STAR Kids 1-855-607-7827
- If you were affected by the winter storms, you can apply for disaster assistance online. During the application process please ensure to select the cause of damage snow/ice amongst other damages that may have occurred.
- To help those facing hunger recover from the winter storm the San Antonio Food Bank is arranging distributions in the San Antonio area. Register online.
- 2-1-1 is a free, anonymous social service hotline that helps people find information about local resources in Bexar and 11 surrounding counties. Call for help or visit https://www.211texas.org/
- San Antonio Water System is opening water distribution locations across the city at its pump stations to provide customers with water. Residents will need to bring their own clean containers such as jugs to fill with water. For a list of locations, visit https://www.saws.org/freeze/
- The City of San Antonio is operating 13 bottled water distribution sites. Residents will be able to pick up one case of bottled water per day per household. For a list of locations, visit https://www.sanantonio.gov/