Provider Educational Sessions#CommunityFirstProviders
We are committed to supporting our Providers by providing needed support, information, easy access to tools and resources, and more.
Please use this page to register for our virtual educational sessions designed to help orientate you with Community First. Learn about the Provider Portal, our processes, procedures, and the latest news and updates.
Provider Education Sessions
Provider Onboarding Orientation
- A brief history of our roots in the community and overall mission
- Service area
- Membership and the health plans offered
- Benefit programs
- Texas Health Steps
- Provider responsibilities and resources
- Authorizations and claims
All Providers MUST attend Provider Onboarding within 30 days of their effective date, per their contract agreement with Community First Health Plans.
Long Term Services and Support/EVV
- STAR Kids program overview
- Long Term Support Services
- Electronic Visit Verification
- STAR Kids eligibility
- STAR Kids covered benefits and Value Added Services
- STAR Kids waivers
- STAR Kids Service Coordination
- Provider enrollment & credentialing
- Claim filing, appeals, EFT
- Cultural competency
Provider Portal and Authorization Overview
- Portal registration and access
- Navigation and functionality
- Claim status search
- Eligibility look up
- Claim Appeal Submission Form
- Other Portal Features
- Submitting authorization requests
- Searching for submitted authorization requests
- Troubleshooting common issues
- News and updates relevant to Community First Providers
- Texas HHSC updates
- Provider communications
Provider Portal and Authorization Overview (For Community First Internal Staff Only)
Internal staff training on the prior authorization process and using the Community First Provider Portal to
- Submit authorization requests
- Upload supporting documentation
- Save and return to requests in progress
- View request status
- Perform an advanced search for submitted requests
Register using the button below.
IMPORTANT: All Providers MUST attend a Provider Onboarding Session within 30 days of their effective date, per their contract agreement with Community First Health Plans.
*Please only use direct contact information when registering for a session.