Health care Virtually Anywhere
Telemedicine allows medical professionals to conduct office visits using telephone or video over the internet, rather than meeting in person. This is also known as “virtual care,” or “video chat” with your doctor. Virtual visits are similar to FaceTime, Skype, Google Video, or whatever you may already use for video calls with friends and family.
Ready to make an appointment? You can find your PCP and his/her phone number on your Community First Member ID card. Call the number listed to find out when you are due for your regular health checkup.
Need help? We can help connect you with your PCP. If you prefer an in-person visit but need help getting to your appointment, your plan may also cover transportation benefits. Contact Member Services to learn more.
Benefits of Telemedicine
The following are benefits of telemedicine for Community First Members:
- Consult with your doctor from the comfort of your home
- Less exposure to illness
- Cut down on transportation time and costs
- Convenient and on your schedule
- Desktop PC
- Laptop Computer
- Smartphone or Tablet
- Microphone (if not included in the mobile device or computer)
- Webcam (If not included in the mobile device or computer)
- Strong internet connection
how it works
What can I expect during my telemedicine visit?
- Your doctor will ask you a series of questions to understand your condition.
- He or she will ask you to describe your symptoms and discuss your medical history.
- You’ll receive instructions about next steps, which may include a treatment plan, medication prescriptions, referral for lab tests or to a specialist, or other action.
We are dedicated to providing the best, most comprehensive care for patients in South Texas. Find a Provider to schedule an appointment today!
For more information about Telemedicine, visit Health Focus SA.
Remember, if you are feeling healthy, you should still see your PCP regularly so that he/she can more easily detect any changes in your health. This is important for men, women, and children of ALL ages. Don’t wait, schedule an appointment for your health checkup with your PCP today!
We Are Here To Help
We are happy to answer any questions you may have about your Community First Member benefits, including telehealth. Call 1-800-434-2347, Monday – Friday, 8 am – 5 pm to speak with a representative who can help.
If you have questions after hours, call the Community First Nurse Advice Line at 1-800-434-2347 available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year to help you get the care you need.